During one of our Girlfriend Doctor Club conversations recently, one of our members explained that she does Keto-green really well for a while, then always falls off the wagon.
“Why do you think that is?” I asked her.
She paused for a moment. Choking back tears, she finally managed to say, “There isn’t anything I like about myself, and I don’t think I deserve to feel well.”
That statement brought back memories of when I was the shortest, fattest kid in fifth grade. On top of that, I was a first generation American and we spoke three languages at home. I looked different and felt different from everyone else.
If you’ve had these sorts of messages in your past, especially when you were young, they get written on your soul. They make you feel “less than.” And you carry those messages with you into adulthood, leading to all sorts of limiting beliefs that sabotage your full enjoyment of life.
That’s why I’m so pleased to be able to speak with my guest on The Girlfriend Doctor Show, Jennifer Jimenez. Jennifer is the founder and owner of Vibrant Healthy Living, a health, personal development and lifestyle company that brings holistic and cutting-edge mind-body-spirit resources, tools and practices to the world.
Jennifer is the creator of the transformational modality, TranscenDance(™).
If you were one of those little girls who dreamed of growing up to be a ballerina - or if you’re an adult who feels self-conscious about anyone seeing you move your body - this practice is for you!
In this episode some of the topics we discuss include:
- How Jennifer’s early career as a professional dancer strongly strongly determined her sense of her body and self-worth
- What happened when she became pregnant with her first child, and how that child - now in her 20s - is still influencing Jennifer
- What “conscious dance” is and its impact on your mindset, health, and life
- 8 common limiting beliefs (including “no pain, no gain”) that sabotage how you feel about yourself, and what to think instead
- 4 new beliefs you can try on that help you honor, love and trust your body. #4 is so important!
- The kind of dance Dr. Anna does on the weekend!
- And so much more!
It’s time to learn how to celebrate yourself and discover how to affirm the beautiful, deserving - yes, deserving - woman you are.
Please join me and Jennifer in this episode of The Girlfriend Doctor Show.
Another great way to get energized and feel truly great about yourself is to take care of yourself with Mighty Maca Plus. This green superfood drink mix has over 40 amazing ingredients that:
- Increase stamina and boost energy
- Aid metabolism and improve digestion
- Fight inflammation and decrease hot flashes
- Help with mood disorders, PMS and menopause symptoms
- Increase feelings of intimacy and improve fertility
Taking care of yourself starts with your mind - like we discover with Jennifer Jimenez - and includes your body. Incorporating Mighty Maca Plus, along with plenty of movement, is critical to your mental and physical health.