Why am I tired all the time?
For women going through menopause, experiencing fatigue is commonplace. Not only is your body changing, but the stress that comes from all that change can wreak havoc on your system.
Because your body feels stressed, your adrenals may focus on producing cortisol instead of hormones like DHEA, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
This can literally empty your tank and throw your hormones even further out of balance. And it can certainly make you feel exhausted — all the time.
Add in the stress from your job, and/or caregiving responsibilities, and you start to feel like you’ll never be rested again.
When your adrenals are in “constant stress mode” you may notice:
- Feeling tired, even in the morning after a full night’s sleep
- Brain fog and difficulty concentrating
- A feeling of disconnection, loneliness, anxiety, or depression
- Increased weight (especially around the middle)
- Difficulty going to sleep at night because you’ve got your second wind
What can I do about it?
When your body is focusing on pumping out cortisol in response to all of the stress in your body and your life, you’ve got to focus on helping your adrenal glands to normalize.
When you support your adrenals the right way, they can serve as a nice backup generator for your body’s hormones, instead of causing havoc with cortisol.
This helps your entire menopausal transition go so much smoother — and it’s a game changer when it comes to restoring energy levels.
Some of my favorite adrenal-supportive herbs are called adaptogens. They help your body “adapt” to stress and calm down cortisol production so you can remember what it feels like to have energy again.
Which is why I created:
Mighty Maca® Plus
Mighty Maca® Plus is a superfood drink with over 40+ natural ingredients, including the powerful adaptogens maca, ashwagandha, Siberian ginseng, and Rhodiola Rosea.
These work wonders in restoring your adrenal glands. And it makes getting your energy back so easy.
Just one scoop a day is an important step in restoring your adrenal glands, balancing your hormones, and detoxing your body — providing you with some much-needed energy.
Mighty Maca® Plus switched up my life for the better. I hope that it can help you too. If you’re feeling disconnected from yourself and the world, anxious, or depressed, don’t settle for these feelings. There is a way to feel better and enjoy the beauty in all of your relationships.
#1 Dietary changes
A Keto-Green® diet with the right proportions of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats, and a wealth of alkalizing fresh vegetables and fruits can go a long way toward restoring your energy levels. When you’re fueling your body with nutrient-dense foods and managing your insulin response, it makes an enormous difference in how you feel.
#2 Promote Oxytocin
Your body has a natural way to oppose cortisol — and it’s called oxytocin. Oxytocin is often referred to as the “love hormone.” Oxytocin creates bonds and makes you feel happy. When oxytocin goes up, cortisol goes down.
To create more oxytocin in your life:
- Hug / Cuddle
- Look into someone’s eyes and smile
- Give gratitude and thanks
- Get and play with a pet or pets
- Stay in the present
- Control the stress you can
- Manage your thoughts around the stress you can’t control
In other words, make a proactive effort to carve out time each day to connect with what you love and reduce your stress.
#3 Get Better Sleep
When you’re in the throes of menopause, getting a good night’s sleep can feel impossible. But, practicing good sleep hygiene can make a difference.
Be sure to:
- Go to bed at the same time every night
- Wake up at the same time every morning (yes, even on the weekends!)
- Don’t look at screens at least a few hours before bed
- Keep your bedroom dark
- Turn down the thermostat while you sleep
- Exercise earlier in the day
- Don’t drink caffeine or alcohol before bed
- Don’t eat at least two hours before you plan on sleeping
- Get plenty of magnesium into your diet with lots of green, leafy vegetables