Coconut Whip Cream
- 1 (16-ounce) can coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 3-4 drops stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Date Nut Crust
- 3 dates pitted
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 bananas sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1/4 cup rum (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 organic 70% dark chocolate bar
To prepare Coconut Whip Cream
- Refrigerate coconut milk, preferably overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Place a glass or metal bowl and hand mixer beaters into the freezer to chill.
- When ready to make cream, remove the coconut milk from the refrigerator, open and scoop out the hardened coconut cream. Reserve the remaining coconut water for another use.
- Add the vanilla and stevia to the coconut cream and beat until airy and resemble soft whip cream.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To prepare Date Nut Crust:
- Place dates in a food processor and process until it becomes a paste.
- Add nuts and remaining ingredients and process until crumbly and sticky. Test by pinching the mixture together to see if it stays together.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the crust into a pie dish and press down with your fingers.
To prepare Banana Filling:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add bananas and palm sugar to pan in one even layer, allowing the bananas to caramelize, about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip bananas and add in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add optional rum, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until bananas are brown and caramelized.
- Divide banana mixture evenly among pie dishes.
- Top with 2 spoonfuls of coconut whip cream.
- Garnish with grated dark chocolate.
Click here to get 11 of Dr. Anna’s favorite recipes for menopause!