There something so special about creating complex flavors with minimal ingredients. This is a perfect example of how power in flavor of fresh quality foods does not require much cooking.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound assorted spring vegetables (such as carrots, asparagus, radishes, baby summer squashes, spring onions, or sugar snap peas), peeled as necessary and trimmed or cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Spread vegetables out in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, stir veggies around, then roast an additional 10-15 minutes, until veggies are tender, golden brown, and charred in spots.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.