Step up your buffalo sauce game with this recipe. It’s a winner and crowd pleaser.
- 24 organic or pasture-raised chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cayenne pepper
- Coleslaw, kimchi or sauerkraut (for side dish)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a bowl, combine chicken and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken wings on a roasting tray and bake 35-40 minutes, until chicken is browned.
- Remove chicken and reduce oven temperature to 350° F.
- In a separate, large bowl, combine the oil, tomato sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika, and cayenne (to taste).
- Stir the browned chicken into the bowl of sauce, until the wings are well covered.
- Return wings to roasting tray and bake for another 12 minutes.
- Serve with a side of coleslaw, kimchi or sauerkraut.