When I cook this dish, I feel like a 5-star chef. It looks like a beautiful piece of art and it makes you start to dance after you have your first bite. My mouth is watering just thinking about them!
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 ounces fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4–6 ounces large sea scallops, muscle removed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, prepared (spiralized) into zoodles
- To make sauce, combine avocado, basil, lemon juice, and garlic clove in a food processor or blender and blend into a paste. With the motor running, slowly add 1/4 cup oil and blend until smooth.
- Place raw zoodles in a large sauté pan with a little water and cook until tender but al dente, stirring occasionally with tongs. (You can also use a steamer to cook the zoodles.)
- Coat scallops evenly on both sides with cardamom, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium-high to high heat. Sear the scallops on one side, without moving, until a golden crust forms, about 2–3 minutes. Turn scallops and sear on the other side.
- In a mixing bowl, combine zoodles with sauce and divide between 4 plates. Top each portion of zoodles with a portion of scallops.
Perfect time to get 15 of Dr. Anna's Favorite Keto-Green recipes. Click here.