Women ask me all the time if Keto-Green nutrition works for men.
You bet it does! In fact, I devote an entire chapter to this issue in my new book, Keto-Green 16. I talk about how the man in your life can not only lose weight but become more virile with firmer erections by going Keto-Green™.
Now that I have your attention … As they get older, most men start experiencing the male version of our menopause. It’s called andropause, and it produces symptoms like weight gain (especially around the belly), brain fog, lack of energy, and loss of libido. Sound familiar?
The shape a man is in, like the shape you’re in, has to do with hormones. Because this diet works on balancing weight-control hormones, it boosts weight loss, promotes fat-burning ketosis, and beats hormone havoc in men too.
I have worked with many men over the course of my medical career to bring them back in hormonal balance, normal weight, and better health. One of the best examples is my father, whom I talk about a lot in my blogs. He was suffering from severe diabetes and ill health. I was convinced that his chief issue was one of diet, lifestyle, and hormones, so my dad agreed to let me take charge of making changes in those departments. I helped him upgrade his diet, gave him supplements and testosterone injections, and slowly and gradually weaned him off three prescription medicines.
As for his weight, Dad lost thirty pounds in thirty days by following an earlier version of my Keto-Green diet. He was able to decrease his daily insulin usage from 120 units to 20 units. Plus, he went from being so easily fatigued that he often needed a wheelchair to getting out on the tennis court again.
You too can make a new man out of your husband, boyfriend, son, father, or best friend by following my Keto-Green 16 plan. Never give up! Here’s how.
Do the Diet, Ditch the Weight
The first and most important move a man should make to rebalance his hormones is to lose weight. Being overweight or obese makes a man’s all-important testosterone plummet. Adequate testosterone is important for building muscle, keeping trim, and enjoying a healthy sex drive. Dropping weight helps correct all these problems, not to mention that it makes a guy feel better about himself—more virile, fit, and energetic.
The Keto-Green 16 diet emphasizes whole foods full of good healthy fats, adequate protein (which supports the production of testosterone), lots of alkalinizing veggies like greens, and very few carbohydrates. With fewer carbs to use for fuel, the body relies on fat.
The diet is also high in B vitamins, folate, choline, and betaine—helpful in supporting methylation, a process in the body that helps metabolize and detoxify excess estrogens that may have built up in a man’s body. These estrogens are partly responsible for weight gain in men. Fish and spinach are particularly high in these methylators.
Also important for decreasing estrogen are the cruciferous veggies on the plan, such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts. They are loaded with glucosinolates, which help scale back harmful estrogen activity, along with reducing weight so that body fat doesn’t store estrogens.
Men do extremely well on low-carbohydrate diets like this one. So get your guy to follow the Keto-Green 16 diet with you!
Reach for Natural Viagras!
Besides using diet, I’ve reversed andropause symptoms in men with dietary supplements over prescription drugs. In Keto-Green 16, I provide a detailed supplement plan, with dosage recommendations. You and your man will want to check it out and stock up on these natural Viagras. Here’s a basic protocol that works wonders in men:
- A multivitamin/mineral formula – for overall hormonal support. If the formulation is meant to be taken in divided doses, take 2 capsules daily—one in the morning or at lunch, and one in the evening. Alternatively, take a one-a-day multivitamin/mineral supplement.
- Zinc – to help boost declining testosterone production.
- Vitamin D3 – also helpful to enhance testosterone. (Studies have shown that men with lower levels of vitamin D have lower levels of testosterone.) It is to take a vitamin D supplement that contains vitamin K as well, because it allows for better absorption of the vitamin D.
- DHEA – for muscle development, body fat reduction, and sexual desire, among other benefits.
- An adaptogen to support hormone balance, sex drive, and mood. My recommendation is one I sell on my website Mighty Maca Plus. The herb maca has been clinically proven to improve erection, sperm production, and sperm motility.
- Testoplex (by Xymogen) – to address healthy testosterone levels and provide support for libido and overall vitality.
- L-arginine – an amino acid that works like Viagra. That’s because it boosts the production of nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide (not to be confused with nitrous oxide, or laughing gas) is a molecule that helps to relax and expand blood vessels (vasodilation). Taking supplemental arginine can help the blood vessels in the penis dilate, and you know what that means: firmer erections.
Other helpful additions for men are vitamin C, carnitine, and an omega-3 fatty acid supplement.
Look into Bioidenticals for Low-T
Over the years, I’ve successfully treated many men with low T by prescribing bioidentical hormones. These hormones are made from natural compounds and are identical to our body’s own natural hormones. This means they are more easily metabolized and utilized by the body without the negative side effects often associated with synthetic hormones. The therapy can consist of creams, gels, pellets inserted under the skin, injections, and oral tablets.
Be Compassionate with Your Guy
He might be resistant to losing weight if you approach it the wrong way. Wanting him to get fit ought to go beyond just appearance issues. Let him know you want him to live a healthier life and have a better life experience, over anything else. That approach is compassionate, encouraging, and loving.
Also, I believe it is very important for couples to support each other by going Keto-Green together. It can really make a difference in your lives.