With meal prepping, it’s easy to throw a fabulous salad together for lunches using leftovers. That’s how many of my salad creations come to life, including this one!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound organic or pasture-raised chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 bunch each of baby spinach and kale (4 packed cups).
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Basil Thyme Vinaigrette
- Sprouts, chopped parsley
- Sunflower seeds, for garnish
- Place the bacon in a pan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, until slightly crispy.
- Set the bacon aside and drain half of the fat from the pan.
- Add the onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the remaining fat in the pan and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase the heat to medium high. Add the chicken and mushrooms, and continue to cook for 8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Roughly chop the bacon, then return it to the pan just long enough to reheat it. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Place the spinach or kale in a bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss.
- Spoon the hot chicken mixture over the spinach. Top with sprouts, parsley, and sunflower seeds.
Love this recipe! Get 15 of Dr. Anna's Favorite Keto-Green recipes here.