Salmon cakes are always a good idea. Especially when they are fresh, flavored packed and perfectly browned on both sides just like these.
- Salmon, fresh or canned, 8 ounces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, organic ghee, or coconut oil
- If using fresh salmon, poach fish. Heat wine, water, and dill in a sauté pan and bring to simmer. Place salmon fillets skin side down in the pan. Cover and cook 5–10 minutes, or until fish flakes apart easily. Do not overcook. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Flake salmon into large chunks and place in medium-size mixing bowl. If using canned salmon, drain and flake salmon and place in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Gently combine the fish with the egg, celery, onion, cilantro, parsley, mayonnaise, coriander, lemon juice, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper until mixture just clings together.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions and shape into fat, round cakes. Arrange on baking sheet lined with parchment paper; cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes. (Can be refrigerated up to 24 hours.)
- Put remaining breadcrumbs on plate and lightly dredge cakes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Gently lay fish cakes in skillet and pan-fry until outsides are crisp and browned, 3–4 minutes per side.
Want to try 15 of Dr. Anna's Favorite Keto-Green recipes? Click here.