Salmon cakes are always a good idea. Especially when they are fresh, flavored packed and perfectly browned on both sides just like these.
- Salmon, fresh or canned, 8 ounces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, organic ghee, or coconut oil
IF USING FRESH SALMON
- Poach fish. Heat wine, water, and dill in a sauté pan and bring to simmer.
- Place salmon fillets skin side down in the pan.
- Cover and cook 5–10 minutes, or until fish flakes apart easily. Do not overcook.
- Remove from pan and let cool. Flake salmon into large chunks and place in medium-size mixing bowl.
IF USING CANNED SALMON
- Gently combine the fish with the egg, celery, onion, cilantro, parsley, mayonnaise, coriander, lemon juice, 1/2cup bread crumbs, salt, and pepper until mixture just clings together.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions and shape into fat, round cakes. Arrange on baking sheet lined with parchment paper; cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes. (Can be refrigerated up to 24 hours.)
- Put remaining bread crumbs on plate and lightly dredge cakes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Gently lay fish cakes in skillet and pan-fry until outsides are crisp and browned, 3–4 minutes per side.
Want to try 15 of Dr. Anna's Favorite Keto-Green recipes? Click here.