By Leanne Ely, SavingDinner.com
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak, trimmed of visible fat
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup Leanne’s Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (see recipe below)
- 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
Season beef with pepper. In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat a little olive oil over medium heat.
Add steak and brown for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until the desired level of doneness is achieved. Remove from skillet to a cutting board and cover to keep warm. Add onion, garlic, and vinaigrette to skillet; stir.
Cover and simmer on low heat for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
Meanwhile, steam broccoli. Cut steak across the grain (diagonally); top with onions. Serve with cheese sprinkled broccoli and enjoy!
Leanne’s Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing – Combine 3 parts extra virgin olive oil with 1 part gluten free balsamic vinegar and 1 clove garlic, pressed.
Per Serving: 207 Calories; 6g Fat; 28g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol;
281mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5Click here to get 11 of Dr. Anna’s favorite recipes for menopause!