If you have a soft spot for tomato soup, you’re going to love this.
If you don’t care for tomato soup, still give it a try- you’ll probably like it too.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) Italian plum tomatoes, diced or crushed
12 ounces bone broth
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add onions, garlic, celery, and salt. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add pepper and more salt to taste.
- For a creamier, more refined soup, use an immersion blender to puree the soup right in the saucepan.
- Swirl in a little more olive oil just before serving, if desired. You can garnish with your favorite chopped fresh herbs—basil, thyme, flat-leaf (Italian) parsley, and so forth.
Want to try more recipes? Click here to get 15 of Dr. Anna's Favorite Keto-Green recipes.