Do you wake up tired, drag through the day, and go to bed exhausted? Are you packing on belly pounds? Do you get sick frequently, and have trouble bouncing back? Are you often depressed or anxious, and do you feel like your best days are behind you?
Then you’re part of a silent epidemic. It’s the epidemic of burnout, and it’s keeping millions of people—especially women—from living their best lives.
If you’re one of them, I have good news for you: You can heal yourself from burnout. I know, because I did it myself.
My wake-up call
My own burnout crisis happened about two years ago. Back then, I was rushing from project to project, writing a book, traveling from coast to coast to see patients, and raising a family.
Even though I’m a health expert, I was ignoring my own advice. I ate grab-and-go foods on the run. I stopped exercising. I worked eighteen hours a day, and I hardly slept at all.
I kept pushing myself and pushing myself, and finally I pushed too hard. That’s when my body sent me a message I couldn’t ignore.
I was on a flight from Los Angeles to New York, and I’d felt bad all day. Suddenly, I realized I was going to pass out. Next thing I knew, I was on the floor of the airplane, with flight attendants packing ice around my head and a voice on the intercom asking if there were any doctors on board.
I went from the airplane to a hospital and then to a clinic. I was exhausted, bloated, sick, and sad. Right then, I realized that I needed a reset—and I needed it fast. So I created my five-day Cleanse and Reset to heal myself — and now I’m sharing it with other people who are burned out and need the same kind of healing.
What are the signs of burnout?
Burnout sneaked up on me slowly, and it may be sneaking up on you right now. To spot it before it becomes an emergency, look for these warning signs:
- You’re gaining weight, especially around your belly, and you have trouble taking it off.
- You’re frequently bloated or constipated or you suffer from diarrhea.
- You’re tired, you sleep poorly, you wake up feeling unrefreshed, and you have a big afternoon slump.
- You feel like you’re aging too quickly, and you’re less strong and energetic than you used to be.
- Your skin is dry, wrinkly, blotchy, or dull.
- Your eyes are dull, your hair is thin and lifeless, and your fingernails are brittle.
- You get sick a lot, and you have trouble bouncing back.
- You have autoimmune problems.
- You’re frequently unhappy, angry, depressed, anxious, or “brain fogged.”
- You get too little joy out of friends, family, sex, and life in general.
Each one of these is a red flag—and the more red flags you have, the closer you are to a crash-and-burn and the more important it is for you to take action.
What’s the solution?
The most powerful strategy for preventing burnout, or healing yourself if you’re already burned out, is to load your body with what I call “anti-burnout foods.” These are pure, natural, nutrient-packed foods that will cleanse and energize you at the cellular level.
That’s why my cleanse features four meals each day—a collagen shake, two green drinks, and a warm, satisfying soup—to load you with anti-burnout foods. These include:
- Collagen and bone broth, to give your body healing, anti-inflammatory amino acids
- Non-starchy greens and small servings of fruit, to supply you with fiber and phytonutrients
- Healthy fats, to optimize your hormones, make your brain happy, and satisfy your appetite
Don’t let that word “cleanse” scare you off. This is not a harsh detox that will leave you weak and stringy, but a gentle plan that will leave you strong, sculpted, and energized. It’s not about deprivation—it’s about restoration and renewal. And it’s not about cravings and starvation—it’s about eating filling, protein-rich foods at every meal.
In addition to empowering you to hit the RESET button and bounce back from burnout, this plan will take pounds off your belly. The members of our test group lost between 5 and 11 pounds in just five days!
What’s more, the cleanse is flexible. You can make the entire cleanse keto-friendly, add an optional “keto push” at the beginning, or choose the vegetarian, vegan, or pescatarian options.
Are you ready to take back your life?
If you’re burned out and you’re ready to hit the reset button, find out more about how you can jumpstart your recovery and reclaim your health and energy with my five-day cleanse. In the meantime, here are three recipes from my Cleanse and Reset to get you started on your journey to healing!
Strawberry Lemon Basil Detox Water
- 1 cup of strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1 small handful basil,
- 6 to 8 leaves, scrunched in your hand (it releases the aromatic oils)
- 3 or more cups of ice, enough to fill the pitcher half way
- Enough water to fill a 2-quart (½ gallon) pitcher
Add strawberries, lemons and basil to the pitcher and top with ice (this will keep the fruit submerged). Fill the pitcher with purified water. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours so the flavors can meld. The flavors will continue to develop over time. As you drink the detox water, you can continue to add water to the pitcher until the fruit no longer infuses the water with flavor.
Pineapple Mint Green Drink
- 1/2 to 1 cup water, coconut milk (not canned) or almond milk, unsweetened and carrageenan-free
- 1/4 avocado or 3/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 scoop Dr. Kellyann’s Vanilla Collagen Shake or vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, fresh, frozen or canned without sugar
- 5 to 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled grated
- 2 handful baby spinach
- About 1 cup chopped Ice
Pour the liquids into blender first then add all other ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy. If shake is too thick, add more water, coconut milk or almond milk to reach desired consistency.
Chicken and "Rice" Soup
- 2 tablespoons ghee or pasture raised butter
- 1 small onion (about 1/2 cup), diced
- 4 to 5 cups cauliflower, 1 medium head, chopped or pulsed in food processor into rice-sized pieces (measure after it has been processed)
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 4 cups Chicken Bone Broth (recipe)
- 1 can unsweetened full fat coconut milk, 13 1/2 to 15 ounces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, or about 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Melt ghee/butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onions and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté for three to five minutes until translucent.
- Add cauliflower, celery and carrots and cook for about eight minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add bone broth, coconut milk, parsley and thyme and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes to heat through.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve immediately.
About Dr. KellyAnn
Through her bestselling books and more than two decades of clinical practice, Dr. Kellyann has helped thousands of people lose extra weight, look young again, and go from burned-out to re-energized.
Dr. Kellyann is the author of the New York Times bestseller, Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Diet, which kicked off a global bone broth revolution—a revolution that continues with her 10-Day Belly Slimdown and her new book, Dr. Kellyann’s Cleanse and Reset.
Dr. Kellyann is a regular contributor to the Dr. Oz Show and appears frequently on other national TV programs. She currently practices as a concierge doctor, treating patients in New York and Los Angeles. She is one of the few practitioners in the United States certified in biological medicine by the esteemed Dr. Thomas Rau of the Paracelsus Klinik Lustmuhle in Switzerland.
P.S. - Kick off the new decade with me!
My 10 Day Breeze Through Menopause Masterclass is here to hep you get your hormones, weight, and mood back on track in 2020! After taking this class you're bound to feel empowered, informed, and in control of your health. Trust me, this experience is unlike any other, so reserve your spot today!