These ribs are a must try. The combination of spices and sweetness of tomatoes and thyme creates a sensational experience. You will not be disappointed!
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds spare ribs, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoon organic ghee or oil (but not coconut oil)
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups beef stock or bone broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, thyme, cumin, salt, and pepper. Coat ribs evenly on both sides with spice mixture.
- In a large oven-safe Dutch oven or braising pan, heat ghee over medium-high heat. Place ribs meaty side down and cook 3–4 minutes, until browned. Turn and brown the other side. Remove ribs from pan and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pan and cook until translucent. Add tomato paste, vinegar, and broth and whisk until blended. Return ribs to pan and coat with sauce. Cover pan and bake for 2 1/2 hours.
Serve with a keto-green side dish of choice. I suggest cauliflower mash and a side salad.Click here to get 11 of Dr. Anna’s favorite recipes for menopause!