There is something magical about a perfectly poached egg paired with a flavorful Hollandaise sauce. Jazz it up by adding smoked salmon and spinach! Beautiful on the eyes and for the brain.
- 2 cups frozen or fresh chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 4 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 cup Hollandaise sauce (recipe follows)
In a saucepan, cook the spinach, drain well, and return it to the
pan. Place the salmon in the pan next to the spinach.
- Use an egg poacher to poach the eggs according to the manufacturer’s directions. (If you don’t have an egg poacher, add enough water to two medium saucepans to fill them about 2 inches deep.
Add 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons vinegar to each pan and bring
to a gentle simmer.
Crack 2 eggs into two separate small bowls, keeping the yolks intact. When the water is simmering, use the handle of a spatula or spoon to quickly stir the water (one pan at a
time) in one direction until the water is swirling in the pan.
- Gently drop 1 egg at a time into the center of the whirlpool in each pan. The swirling water will help prevent the white from feathering or spreading out in the pan.
- Cover and let the eggs poach, setting your timer for 5 minutes; leave the eggs untouched while poaching.
- Repeat for the second serving of eggs.
- While the eggs are poaching, gently warm the spinach, smoked salmon, and Hollandaise sauce. Put one thick tomato slice on each of two plates. Divide the warm spinach between the two plates. Top each with half the salmon.
When the eggs are ready, remove them from the water with a slotted spoon, place each poached egg on top of the spinach and salmon, and drizzle with Hollandaise.
This rich creamy sauce is a lovely addition to add a little zest to dishes such as eggs benedict, poached salmon, asparagus, broccoli and crab.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cayenne pepper
1/2 stick butter, melted
- Blend the egg yolks and juice with a whisk or fork.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Slowly add the melted butter so as not to break the sauce, whisking continually.
Time to try some delicious recipes! Click here to get 15 of Dr. Anna’s Favorite Keto-Green recipes.