It’s hard to believe how many ingredients are in this blended soup but my goodness do they work great with each other and leave you feel cleansed.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 head lettuce, 1 bunch of spinach, or other fresh greens of choice
- 1 carrot, cut into large chunks
- 1 celery rib, cut into large chunks
- 1 avocado, peeled
- 1/2 tomato, cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2–3 scallions, chopped into large pieces
- 1–2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoons umeboshi plum vinegar (or vinegar of choice)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 2–4 cups veggie or chicken broth (or water)
- 1 cup yogurt or kefir (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender. It works a little better if you place the larger items first, followed by the greens, then pour the liquids and seasonings on top. Blend.
- Adjust seasonings. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.