My Keto-Alkaline® (Keto-Green™) Diet, also referred to by me as my “K-A lifestyle” (Kick-Ass!)…really makes me feel fabulous…and I want that for you, too.
Here I will also answer a couple of common questions regarding getting started on a Keto-Alkaline Diet. These are questions I routinely get in my hormone reset and detox programs. In future blogs I will try and continue answering additional questions, so do feel free to email my team at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and ask YOUR questions, too.
So excited to help you get going…
Why I Created My Keto-Alkaline Diet
It is the best way I have found – in years of research and years of working with women and men on hormone reset and detox programs – to get healthy and become a highly efficient fat-burner. What’s not to like about that?
Here are a few articles to get you going...or download my free ebook!
Why alkalinity is an important start! https://drannacabeca.com/blogs/keto-alkaline-diet/acid-or-alkaline-and-why-should-i-care
Combining ketogenic principles with alkalinity! https://drannacabeca.com/blogs/keto-alkaline-diet/combining-alkaline-and-ketogenic-diets-for-greater-health
The optimal diet! https://drannacabeca.com/blogs/keto-alkaline-diet/alkalinity-ph-balance-designing-the-optimal-keto-alkaline-diet
Adding in intermittent fasting! https://drannacabeca.com/blogs/weight-gain/fasting-mtor-autophagy-and-the-importance-of-the-feast
The health benefits of maca, and why it is a great alkalinity booster! https://drannacabeca.com/blogs/hormone-imbalance/getting-to-the-root-of-macas-true-menopausal-health
Frequently Asked Questions When Starting Keto-Alkaline
- Allow the midstream of urine to saturate the test strip and then set it on a tissue or counter or hold for 60 seconds. It can be held flat or upright, ie.the top color vertical.
- pH is the second band down and the ketone test is the top test.
- Your urine pH should be in the 7-8 range in the morning (It may take a while for you to get there! So don’t fret!)
- Dehydration can impact your pH, as can poor sleep.
- You want to create your baseline…and then track what happens as you eat differently and make other lifestyle changes.
- Remember you are measuring your urine pH level, not your blood pH!
Use the chart to determine your pH (and ketone) measurement
What should I be drinking to help me remain alkaline?
- First of all, hydration if really important (for getting/staying alkaline and for overall health!)
- Water is really the best thing for you to drink! However…
- Stop drinking water at least 20 minutes before you eat, and wait at least 20 minutes after eating (if eating something watery like soup), or wait at least 2 hours after eating if eating a high protein meal. This helps with your digestion
- Do not drink water during your meal as it dilutes the enzymes you need to help you digest your food.
- Use filtered water. Please do not use bottled plastic water (that may leach chemicals).
- Mineral water can be used.
- Track the amount of water you drink using your Keto pH app. Most people don’t realize how deficient they are!
- If you need a little energy boost…instead of reaching for something with caffeine (acidic), try my Mighty Maca® Plus Energy Elixer. Just put a tablespoon of Braggs apple cider vinegar (unfiltered) into a glass of your Mighty Maca (1-2 scoops), 1 teaspoon organic lemon juice, 1 cup filtered water, mix and…get going!
If you can’t seem to get alkaline no matter what you eat!
- Don’t panic…it sometimes will take a while…you need to figure out what is going on with your body!
Some things that may interfere:
- Stress (yes! so important to tame that cortisol!
- Inflammation (a common trigger is alcohol…)
- Food sensitivities (the reason we go on an elimination diet during my programs!)
- Poor sleep
- Certain medications
- Blue light? Late night electronics
- Toxic emotions, negative thoughts
- Yeast overgrowth
- Skin or cosmetic products, toxic cleaning agents (this is why I’ll be recommending a wonderful organic skin care line to you next week…stay tuned for a special gift you can get that includes a wonderful guide on toxicity in your home)
Read through my ebook and many Keto-Alkaline related blogs for some hacks and tips on how to get and stay alkaline, and how to be successful on my Keto-Alkaline Diet.
And please share your journey with me! I’d love to know how my Keto-Alkaline Diet works for you!