I love to talk about “breezing through menopause” because I want you to be able to enter the second half of your life - the second spring - with joy and connection, and in the best health you’ve ever experienced.
However one of the biggest struggles women face at this turning point in life is sudden weight gain. This often happens despite not having made any changes to exercise or food patterns. What is going on?
Join me and my guest, Debbie Potts, personal trainer, health coach, and triathlete who also went through what seemed like an “overnight” change in her body.
Debbie’s book is Life is not a race; it’s a journey and that’s exactly what we talk about in this can’t miss episode of The Girlfriend Doctor Show. You’ll discover:
- Your body’s signals that you may be under more stress than you realize… how many are you experiencing?
- Instead of taking a quick-fix pill, what Debbie had to do to lose those 30 extra pounds
- How much exercise is enough, and how much is too much?
- What you might want to do at mealtime besides eat food
- The red flags that you might be overdoing it, leading to weight gain. #4 is especially important
- What happens to your body when you ignore the red flags of stress
- The four things Dr. Anna looks for when she orders an adrenal test
- What Debbie says are the “needle movers” for addressing adrenal fatigue
- And lots more!
This episode answers the most common question of women entering or in menopause: “Where did that weight gain come from??” Be sure to check out The Show to get your answers!