Does ratatouille give you that warm sense of comfort? It sure does for me! I grew up watching my mom make different varieties of ratatouille, so there is definitely a reminder of home in this dish. Always full of love, flavor and most likely all your vegetables that were about to go bad. Makes great leftovers!
- 1 medium-large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium-large zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium-large yellow squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cloves garlic; chopped
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ cup canned or jarred artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- ½ sesame or pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup roughly chopped flat-leaf (Italian parsley)
In a large baking dish, toss together all ingredients except sesame or pumpkin seeds and Italian parsley.
Top with sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds (½ cup) and roast the mixture in an oven that has been preheated to 400°F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
Toss with ¼ cup roughly chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley. This is a perfect meal to end the day with and also can serve alongside roasted chicken or protein of choice.
Love this recipe! Get 15 of Dr. Anna's Favorite Keto-Green recipes here.