For the Queso...
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 14-oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
For the Nachos...
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into round "chips"
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or EVOO
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 8 ounces shredded chicken
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh or jarred tomato salsa
- 1 cup chopped greens (your choice; lettuce, spinach, kale, etc.)
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- Prepare the Queso: Place cashews in a small saucepan and cover with water. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat and cover pot. Let sit for 15 minutes, then drain and place in blender.
- Add water, sea salt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and diced tomatoes with green chilies to blender. Blend until smooth. Store in jar in refrigerator, reserving 1/2 cup for nachos.
- Prepare and assemble nachos: Heat avocado oil on medium heat in medium skillet.
- Add chopped bell pepper to skillet. Saute until bell pepper begins to soften.
- Stir in shredded chicken and salsa. Cook and stir until heated; remove to bowl and keep warm.
- Heat zucchini rounds in skillet until tender; divide zucchini between two plates.
- Top with chicken, bell pepper and salsa mixture.
- Heat 1/2 cup queso; stir and spoon over "nachos."
- Top with chopped greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and guacamole.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: For variation, use ground beef or tempeh seasoned with taco seasoning; add different combinations of greens and other vegetables; or add nondairy sour cream.