This recipe does require some pre-planning but other than that, this recipe is fantastic.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 whole organic or pasture-raised chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon each of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 rib of stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- Place chicken in the crock-pot with butter, garlic powder, sea salt, and herbs. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken to a plate. When cool enough to handle, pull the meat off the bones but leave all the juices in the crock-pot. Set the meat aside to cool completely, then cover and refrigerate.
- Put the bones back in the crock-pot slow cooker. Add the vegetables and a little more Sea Salt.
- Add 2–3 quarts of water.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Strain bones and vegetables out of broth. Add chicken meat and reheat.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for later.
Click here to get 11 of Dr. Anna’s favorite recipes for menopause!