Cauliflower to the rescue yet again fulfilling our carb fantasies so we can still enjoy chicken and “rice” soup...keto-green style.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or pasture raised butter
- 1 small onion (about 1/2 cup), diced
- 4 to 5 cups cauliflower, 1 medium head, chopped or pulsed in food processor into rice-sized pieces (measure after it has been processed)
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 4 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 can unsweetened full fat coconut milk, 13 1/2 to 15 ounces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, or about 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Melt ghee/butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onions and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté for three to five minutes until translucent.
- Add cauliflower, celery and carrots and cook for about eight minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add bone broth, coconut milk, parsley and thyme and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes to heat through.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Click here to get 11 of Dr. Anna’s favorite recipes for menopause!