Spring Forward to Yummy Health!!!
One of my favorite things…
…getting new and creative Mighty Maca® Plus recipes from my community!
Especially this time of year…with spring in the air (maybe? finally?)…thinking green because of the change in season as well as reflecting on a fun – and delicious – St. Patty’s Day just last week…
We had all kinds of interesting recipes submitted for our Mighty Maca Contest***!
Soup anyone? What about a wonderful chicken dish?
Smoothies? We got ’em!
Mighty Maca dressing?
Even Ice Cream!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT…
Here are just a few from our recent contest…I wonder who will win?
Cream of Broccoli Soup
Submitted by Beth Bridges McCall
Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 15
Number of Servings: 6
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ medium to large onion, chopped
- ½ tsp celery seed (dried)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken/bone broth
- ½ cup water
- ½ can full-fat coconut milk or 1/2 cup coconut milk from carton
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped (about 2 heads of broccoli) or a big bag of frozen broccoli
- 4 cups zucchini, chopped (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 1 small to medium avocado (sometimes I use more)
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dr. Anna Cabeca’s Mighty Maca Plus to taste (I use 3-4 scoops)
- Add seasonings to taste – cumin, turmeric, cayenne, Maine Coast Seasonings salt substitute, etc.
Top o’ the Mornin to Ya Smoothie
Submitted by June Stewart-White
Blueberry and Banana Mighty Maca Smoothie
Submitted by Helen Sullivan
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 teaspoon of Mighty Maca Plus
- Stevia to taste
- Sometimes I add 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
Blend together 🙂
My Favorite Spinach and Berry Mighty Maca Recipe
Submitted by Patrice Harris
- 2 scoops Mighty Maca Plus
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled
Salmon Bowl with Mighty Maca Kiwi Dressing
Submitted by Kristel Wiesner
Mighty Maca Kiwi Dressing
- 2 kiwi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey (or to taste if the kiwi isn’t very sweet)
- 2 scoops Mighty Maca Plus
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 1/4 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 ounces cooked or canned salmon
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup shredded or finely chopped carrots
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup Mighty Maca Kiwi Dressing
- Cilantro for garnish, optional
To make Mighty Maca Kiwi Dressing first cut kiwis in half. Using a spoon, scoop kiwi flesh into blender container. Add remaining dressing ingredients and blend on high until smooth.
To make Salmon Bowls first add half of the rice to each of two bowls.
Top the rice in each bowl with the remaining ingredients: 4 ounces salmon, ½ cup cucumber, ½ cup carrots, 1 sliced kiwi, ½ of a sliced avocado and ¼ cup Mighty Maca Kiwi Dressing.
If desired garnish with a couple sprigs of cilantro.
The dressing is delicious on any salad or as a sauce for meat. It will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Mighty Maca Energy Booster Smoothie
Submitted by Melanie Deverick
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup kale
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 or 2 scoop Mighty Maca Plus
- 1 table spoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
Blend together and enjoy!
Green Goddess Mighty Maca Keto Ice Cream
Submitted by Stephanie F Berg
- 1 cup of ice cubes – put them in the blender
- 1 scoop of Mighty Maca 🙂 Plus
- 1+ teaspoon of spirulina
- 1 + teaspoon of chlorella
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tsp of organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
(Or instead of the lucuma add vanilla stevia to sweeten!)
*Note that there is already great spirulina and chlorella in the Mighty Maca so you don’t need to add the extra but I love it so I do… plus it adds even more green color for the shamrock effect 🙂
Turn the blender on for a couple of minutes until the texture is like ice-cream
Sprinkle the top with raw cacao nibs, bee pollen, coconut pieces and/or goji berries (whatever you like)! Keeps me full for hours!!
Tropical Spice Juice
Submitted by L’Wren Chandler
Juice: Celery, pineapple, apple and one banana, a dash of cinnamon and a spoon of raw honey!
Add Coconut milk and Mighty Maca Plus.
Read how Mighty Maca Plus is an important part of achieving the health benefits of a Keto-Alkaline® diet and lifestyle!
Smooth Creamy Smoothie
Submitted by Kathy Wray
- about 1 1/2 cups water
- add 2 huge handfuls of baby spinach and blend this
- add 1 slice of lemon with peel still on
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 inches banana
- handful of frozen mango
- thumb-size piece of ginger
- 2 scoops of Mighty Maca Plus
- about 1 T each of flax seeds and hemp hearts
Very creamy! And yummy!
You can switch out the mango for pineapple, peaches or pears…..
Submitted by Lynn Foss
Spinach, frozen banana, strawberries, pineapple, coconut milk, spoonful of peanut butter and Mighty Maca Plus!
Submitted by Denise Wingate
Banana, Apple, Pineapple, Strawberries, cup of water and Mighty Maca Plus!
Pesto Mighty Maca Chicken Breast
Submitted by Bethany Radke
- 2 organic pasture raised chicken breasts
- 1 organic lemon
- 2-scoops Mighty Maca Plus
- 3-4 Tb’s organic pesto (You can make your own without pine nuts and cheese for a dairy free Low FODMAP version. Just use any nut you are able to tolerate. Macadamia are great.)
- One organic onion
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
Place chicken breasts in 9×9 pan and spread pesto on top.
Slice or chop onions how you like and place around in the pan.
Slice 2-3 rounds of the lemon and place on top of chicken and pesto. Squeeze the rest over onions in the pan.
Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
Awesome leftovers if placed in bone broth soup with extra Mighty Maca pesto!
Submitted by Beth Bridges McCall
- 2 cans rinsed low sodium chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1T cumin
- 1T turmeric
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 scoops of Dr. Anna Cabeca’s Mighty Maca Plus
- Chickpea liquid (as needed to produce a smooth purée)
- Chopped parsley
Blend and enjoy!
Winners will be selected soon!
Keep an eye on Facebook for additional recipes as well!
*** Please note that most of the photos were not submitted with the recipes! Sorry about that…next time we will ask for pics along with the recipes!