On this week’s episode of the Girlfriend Doctor Show, we had a delightful conversation with Reed Davis. After helping thousands of plants as an Environmental Paralegal, and then thousands of people as a Certified Nutritional Therapist and Health Coach, he observed what works and what doesn’t when it comes to underlying health issues.
He integrated his professions to become president of Functional Diagnostic Nutrition, where he specializes in rebuilding and maintaining the stability of the hormone, immune, digestion, and detoxification systems. In this episode, we also discuss the dangers of thyroids, as well as exterior factors that may exacerbate our brain and gut health, such as toxins in the air and artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Almost every guest we have on here always seems to circle around a topic that we discuss quite frequently on The Girlfriend Doctor, and that is the idea that we are what we consume. We have to monitor our nutrition on a daily basis in order to reverse or prevent chronic disorders and illnesses, not only for ourselves but for our children as well. Tune in and find out exactly how Reed got his start in the world of functional nutrition and how people being healed, heals him!
KEY TAKEAWAYS (with timestamps):
- [0:22] What brought Reed to the world of functional nutrition
- [4:54] Thyroid is an adaptive measure
- [6:41] Diagnostic testing to figure out issues with thyroid health
- [12:02] Different testing methods for hormone health
- [17:18] Strategies to improve thyroid function
- [21:58] Some common toxins that affect our health
- [28:35] Endocrine disruptors and other exterior factors that lead to chronic illness and disease
- [43:14] Rundown of the main ideas of the episode