Treat your coffee right! The addition of the healthy fats is a bonus for the brain and flavor.
- 1 cup brewed coffee or tea
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or MCT oil
1 teaspoon unsalted organic ghee
- 1 egg yolk (optional) (leave out if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon–1 tablespoon hydrolyzed gelatin or powdered collagen (which does not cause liquids to gel)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and/or cardamom
- 1–5 drops of stevia, monkfruit-based sweetener, or pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a mug, and enjoy. Note: If you’re concerned about the potential risk of salmonella in raw egg yolks, you can make them safe by using pasteurized eggs. To pasteurize eggs at home, simply pour enough water in a saucepan to cover the eggs. Heat the water to 140°F. Using a spoon, slowly lower the eggs into the water. Keep the eggs in the water for about 3 minutes. This should be enough to pasteurize the eggs and kill any potential bacteria without cooking the eggs. Remove the eggs from the water, let cool, and store in the fridge for 6–8 weeks.
Want to try more recipes? Click here to get 15 of Dr. Anna's Favorite Keto-Green recipes.