Wow! The recipes that we have gotten back for our Mighty Maca Green St. Patrick’s Day Challenge have been overwhelming!
We received so many yummy entries (and some very funny ones!), I found it nearly impossible to choose. I even asked my brother Robert (an acclaimed Chocolatier in D.C.) to help but he weighed in heavy on ALL recipes containing chocolate!
I was exhausted from reviewing so many great entries… but also inspired by how creative you all are in coming up with new ways to use Mighty Maca and support your health!
Enjoy the delicious recipes that have been shared – and stock up on Mighty Maca now .
OK, on to the results — after much deliberation and recipe trying and tasting, here are my 3 winners!
Mighty Maca, Spinach, and Avocado Pesto by Susan McCullough
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- Sautéed with olive oil and a little butter, plus salt and pepper(Need end result to be about 1/2 cup)
- In food processor or blender combine until blended:
- Sauté mixture
- 6 basil leaves
- whole avocado (pitted and skinned, of course)
- Blend in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add more if needed to reach the consistency you desire.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1-2 scoops of Mighty Maca and pulse until blended.
- Enjoy over pasta, quinoa, over roasted or steamed vegies.
Very delicious and nuitritious!
The Mighty Maca Glowing Green Smoothie by Stephanie Berg the Toxin Detective
- 1/2-2 cups water (I prefer mine on the thicker side so I use about 1/2 cup water)
- 1 head of organic romaine lettuce chopped (or 1 bag of Trader Joe’s organic pre-cut, pre-washed romaine)
- three large handfuls of organic spinach and kale (I like Trader Joe’s organic bagged spinach and kale or Power to the Greens)
- 1 organic apple, cored, seeded, quartered (I like to use a organic Green Granny Smith and I actually cut them up and freeze them so that they are like little tasty ice cubes)
- 1 organic pear, cored, seeded, quartered (I also cut up and freeze the pear pieces)
- 1 organic banana, peeled (I prefer frozen banana pieces as well, so I cut my banana up into little chunks and freeze them)
- 1/2 fresh organic lemon, peeled, seeded
- 1/3 bunch organic cilantro with stems (optional)
- 1 serving of vegan protein powder (I prefer a plain or vanilla pea protein)
- AND LAST BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST 1 scoop of MIGHTY MACA GREENS!!!
- Place water, romaine, spinach, and optional ingredients, if using, into the blender in the order listed and blend the green ingredients first.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Stop machine and remove lid.
- Add apple, pear, banana and lemon to the blender and blend again until smooth.
- Lastly ADD THE MIGHT MACA GREENS (and protein powder if you want to use that) and blend until the powders are mixed throughout.
- POUR AND ENJOY!!! I love this smoothie so much that I drink it every morning and literally try to get every last bit out of the blender and my cup!!
Might Maca Green Irish Cream by Kathy Poe Bengtson
3 Frozen Bananas
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1/4 cup Almond milk
- 2 Teaspoons MightyMaca
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend all ingredients until creamy .
Way better than ice cream.
Leprechaun’s Delight by Amy
1 cup water
1 scoop Mighty Maca
4-5 frozen strawberries
2-3″ piece of banana
A handful of baby spinach
Optional: add a Tbs of chia gel for texture and added omega 3 and fiber. Nom!!
I gave my 3 year old a sip of this and he said, “can I have some in my cup?”. I guess that’s a thumbs up 🙂
Mighty Maca Guacamole by Jannel Rap
4 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
1 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 medium onion, diced
3/4 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
1 scoop of Mighty Maca
In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat.
Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated.
Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne, Mighty Maca and then, mash.
Then, fold in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic.
Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve. YUMMY!
Summer Probiotic Tonic by Connie Mainne
(I make my own fizzy coconut kefir water and drink it daily, using BodyEcology’s recipe, except that I buy bottled coconut water instead of hacking a young coconut. It’s delicious! )
3 ice cubes
2 scoops Mighty Maca
1/2 cup coconut kefir water
2 drops lemon, lime or grapefruit essential oil
Fill the glass with either cold zinger tea of choice (or tart cherry juice for a special treat)
And I just had to point out the Simplest recipe I received…
Basics Range and Gun Shooting Recipe from Franklin Dickinson
One quarter cup of luke warm tap water.
One scoop of the green Mighty Maca stuff.
Six brisk turns and down it goes. Easy, fast and deeeeelicious.
Seriously, I had such a hard time choosing!
For those of you who didn’t have your recipe featured in this email… you’re all still winners in my book for submitting a recipe… and I’ve sent you your own special discount code as a thank-you for participating.
Thank you all so much and stay tuned for more fun challenges!