Wow! I am super excited to have been interviewed by one of my favorite mentors…
Dr. David Perlmutter!
He interviewed me on his podcast, “The Empowering Neurologist“… about what might surprise you relating to hormones and menopause!
He is a Board-Certified Neurologist and Fellow of the American College of Nutrition. I have known Dr. Perlmutter for many years and have read many of his books and listened to his lectures. I have been a fan and he has mentored me as well.
We’ve been on a scientific board together where I got to know him better. Love his depth of knowledge and fun side too!
His many great books line my shelves, including,
- The #1 New York Times Bestseller Grain Brain – The Surprising Truth About Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar – Your Brain’s Silent Killers with over 1 million copies in print and availability in 27 languages,
- New York Times Bestseller The Grain Brain Cookbook,
- New York Times Bestseller Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain – For Life,
- And he is recognized internationally as a leader in the field of nutritional influences in neurological disorders.
We talked about hormones!
And about some surprising hormones that may be causing your perimenopause and menopause symptoms!
Just a few of our topics included:
- How estrogen dominance occurs.
- The reason that progesterone is good for you (and is not the same as the synthetic hormone Progestin) and helps support brain health, bone health, uterine health, breast health and more.
- Even if you don’t have your uterus any longer there is an important reason why you still need progesterone.
- All about bioidentical hormone replacement, including Testosterone and DHEA (and why you need those two hormones to keep from having vulvar-vaginal atrophy and brain fog)
- What is my functional medicine approach to addressing the individual (“the art of medicine”)
- Incontinence! Why are more women having incontinence issues and why estrogen hasn’t been helping them.
- What causes hot flashes.
- The sad fact that our “American lifestyle” is contributing to menopause symptoms and issues.
You’ll learn a lot…listen in and enjoy!