Happy New Year!
Join me in starting the year off right with my 21-Day Detox Challenge.
In addition to my detox goal, join me in losing 20lbs!
I don’t know about you, but for me, I am happy to have survived the past year, honestly. Where it was about surviving, I am committed to make the new year about thriving! That’s right! Enough survival, bring on revival!
Have you resolved to be healthier, more joyful, and spiritual this year? I certainly have. I want to feel this change in the new year… physically, emotionally, and spiritually and invite you to join me now with my 21-Day Detox Challenge.
Why Detox for Physical and Spiritual Health?
Symptoms which may be relieved by following a detox program include:
|Digestive problems||Fatigue||Bad breath|
|Headaches||Skin rashes||Itchy skin|
|Joint pain||Poor Concentration||Pallor|
What a carefully planned detoxification program can offer you:
- Anti-aging effects
- Increased productivity
- Weight loss
- Clearer skin and eyes
- Greater motivation and creativity
- Reduction of allergic symptoms
When we say the word “detoxification” the first impression many people may get is drug and alcohol-detox.
The truth is that every one of us builds toxins up within our bodies at a cellular level, and our liver is the dumping ground.
We are constantly being exposed to new chemicals and synthetic compounds and this environmental exposure creates physiological, emotional, and cognitive disorders. The US Centers for Disease Control estimate that over 80% of all illnesses have environmental and lifestyle causes.
When we become ‘toxic’ we experience hormonal imbalances, mood swings, fatigue, irritability, pain, inflammatory sequelae, arthritis, depression, dysbiosis, immunologic dysfunction, endocrine disruption, high cholesterol, neuro-toxicity and cancer.
Detoxification helps your body relieve symptoms and increases your overall health and vitality and resistance of disease!
Now more than ever we have to be concerned about keeping our filtering and purifying system, the intestines and the liver, healthy, because we are exposed to a myriad of foreign chemicals both commercially synthesized and naturally occurring.
Our bodies get them through the food we eat, the water and other beverages we drink, the air we breathe, and are absorbed through skin. This includes pesticides, herbicides, hormones in foods, chemicals, plastics, etc. These are poisons to our body.
Our bodies are amazingly designed to get rid of these toxins, although it cannot always handle the overload present in today’s environment. Proper detoxification includes assessment, minimizing exposure, foods to avoid, foods that protect, and nutrients to support detoxification and elimination.
Click here to sign in and get my Free Detox Guide with recipes, Questionnaires, progress form, food diary, and a road map to making the Vida Pura Lifestyle changes that will give you better energy, a fitter figure and joyful mood.
January is my favorite and most committed time of the year for doing a detox program, as it is for most people. For me, one reason truthfully is that I RETOX ‘a bit’ in December! My primary reason however, is that I am committed to make this new year a better and healthier year and am usually in good company!
You want that too, right?
I hope you will join me this year and share your experiences on Facebook with me.
And don’t forget Dr. Anna’s Keys to a healthier New Year:
- Govern your portions
- First step is to not overindulge too much now! I know we are surrounded by temptations so pick and chose your indulgences carefully.
- Avoid your food sensitivities
- For those of us with food sensitivities (most of us) eating any of those foods creates a cascade of inflammation and will disrupt our intestinal health, and that affects our neurotransmitters and that affects our cravings!
- Key ones: gluten and dairy.
- Avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners
- Dark chocolate and berries topped with a coconut milk whipped cream is a great alternative
- There is just too much sugar in our lives, it’s in our salad dressings, meat sauces, etc. Seriously, you would never put sugar on lettuce or meat, but we do in this way.
- Eating sweet food will increase our cravings
- Artificial sweeteners are VERY BAD for us. Toxicity and neurotoxicity aside, they increase cravings for sweet foods, make us gain weight and the worse and most deadly fact is that they create insulin resistance so that makes our blood sugar go up and harder to lose weight.
- I still like stevia and xylitol as substitutes but honestly, it is very very rare that I will use any of them.
- Eat breakfast!
- Choose healthy protein and fat for breakfast and stay low carbs.
- Begin with a protein shake. Research states that beginning our day with a quality protein shake helps us lose weight and keep it off too.
- Add Greens! (it will help you stay alkaline which has proven health benefits)
- Increase your organic greens! Enjoy a big plate of greens with dinner. In the south, we are rich in collards and chard plus I love Kale soup.
- I’ve shared my 8 Day Vacay reset soup here
- Yes, enjoy Mighty Maca
- How to enjoy Mighty Maca:
- Mix it in your protein shake for breakfast
- Add to your sauces for an anti-oxidant boost
- Drink with hot water as a tea
- Mix and drink with cold water for a refresher
- Why to enjoy Mighty Maca now:
- It is a super holiday festive color!
- Mighty Maca came from my healing journey around the world and a percentage of sales goes to the GVB Foundation supporting healthier children and young adults. It is my mission to make our next generations healthier and Mighty Maca is a part of that by it’s unique ingredient combination that helps promote hormone balance, adrenal health and support our bodies natural anti-inflammatory pathways.
- So many great testimonials from users of Mighty Maca and Doctors who recommend it
- Super Smart grad students from John’s Hopkins University use it as a “Smarter way to energize”!
- US Martials team used it at finals for increased and faster recovery and brought home Gold!