Monsanto makes Roundup, the world’s #1 weed killer. And once they created such a toxic plant killer, they then needed to create GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) plants to withstand the use of the Roundup product. Over 90% of soy and 80% of corn are now GMO. These modified crops can be sprayed with Roundup and can resist being killed by it! Isn’t that cool?
However, the plant absorbs the toxin which we then ingest! Not cool!
I have been studying this and am increasingly shocked that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the primary US organization that is supposed to protect our health and our foods, continues to side-step the issue. At the same time, over 60 other countries have regulations on GMO’s, and 26 countries have BANS on GMO’s altogether! Yet in the US we don’t even require labels telling us which products have GMO’s in them!
Please watch this video! So poignant and reinforces why we must stand together to protect our own health.
So I am wondering….if Monsanto can sue farmers for having Monsanto GMO seeds in their crops without Monsanto permission (the farmers say that the wind blows the modified seeds from neighboring fields), can Moms sue Monsanto for having their GMO’s in our children without OUR permission? Glyphosate (Roundup) ends up in breast milk too!
Ignorance is not bliss, because we will see the effects of this ignorance in the health of our children tomorrow.
A recent study that looked at cows fed Roundup-ready (GMO) feed showed a severe depletion in manganese! Manganese is crucial to good health, neurologic function, healthy bones, and fertility. It is also necessary for lactobacillus, essential bacteria of our microbiome (Read Brain Maker by David Perlmutter, MD). When manganese is depleted, it can be associated with a host of problems including Parkinson’s disease, autism, infertility, osteoporosis chronic fatigue and more. Refer to this scientific article on glyphosate causing manganese deficiency.
So we can avoid corn and soy, but if the meat we are eating has been exposed, our bodies become compromised as well.
Make every consumer choice count! We protest with our dollars and where we spend them. We live in a free market society, and drive production through our choices. Make good, educated, conscientious choices.
What can we do, especially during our summer vacation?
- Supportiing our local organic farmers is an excellent start. Make it a fun day trip this summer with your family.
- Support local farms in general and encourage organic crops.
- Make your own organic garden; even small window boxes can grow beautiful herbs.
- Substitute healthier alternatives for Roundup and weed killers. I found this article and advice on a do-it-yourself alternative.
- Farm to table!
We went to Darien Georgia for our favorite organic grocer’s fresh picks of the day and enjoyed the best dinner with family and love! We shopped, picked, cooked, laughed and ate together. It makes food taste so much better when we prepare it together.
- Wine glasses with filtered water.
- Grecian olive oil in wine bottle.
- Sautéed eggplants with coconut oil, Himalayan sea salt, and seven spice seasoning.
- Cherry tomatoes with basil and olive oil.
- Red potatoes boiled and mashed with olive oil and butter (from grass-fed cows), sea salt and pepper.
- Cucumber slices.
- Steak with onion, ground coriander and garlic, 3 oz servings.
Enjoy summer, nature and your precious family.
[fbcomments url=”http://cabecahealth.com/how-much-round-up-are-you-eating/” count=”off”]
- None Found